- 1 box of chick pea pasta
- 6 Small Spring Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chili – less for less heat
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger / or 1.4 tsp dried ginger
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 large Bell pepper, or 3 small
- 4 Corn cobs
- 250grams Sliced mushrooms
- 1 Handful Fresh parsley
- 1 handful Fresh Corriander
- 3 Sun dried tomatoes ( optional)
- 5 Cherry tomatoes
- Lemon juice
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water.
- Drain and wash a few times in cold water.
- Fry the Onion, Chilli, Ginger, Garlic in a pan
- Add the corriander, parsely, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes and some lemon juice to a blender and blend to a thick paste.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion pan and cook until the mushrooms start to soften.
- Remove the mushroom mix from the pan and add the sliced off corn ( from the cob)
- Fry the corn until they start to catch.
- Add all of above to the cooked pasta and stir until combined.
I was given a box of this pasta to try. When i cooked the pasta it was a bit foamy, hence the washing in cold water a few times. It is bland and not great on its own. I had the above ingredients in the fridge and needed to make a salad for a braai so this happened! It is delicious!