- 4/5 Large Sweet potatoes, grated
- 250grams sprouts, sliced or blitzed
- 4/5 Egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- 150 grams Chopped Bacon
- 1 Onion finely sliced
- Fresh Coriander, optional
- Ghee for frying
- Fry the Bacon and sliced onion on medium/ high until cooked.
- Whilst the Bacon/onion is cooking peel and grate the potatoes.
- Place the spouts and coriander in a blender and blend, or slice the spouts finely and chop the herbs.
- Remove the bacon and onion mix and place into the Sweet potato.
- Fry the sprout mix for 1/2 minutes, add to the sweet potato mix.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste, add egg whites and mix all of the ingredients together.
- Heat Ghee in a pan and add a small handful of the mixture. The mix does not stick together or form balls. Leave the hash brown ball to cook for a few minutes, without touching it, this will make the egg bind. Turn the hash brown when the underside has cooked, you can now pat the ball down with the back of the spatula to form the shape. Leave the hash to cook on the other side until brown.