Mexican Spiced Chicken
- 1kg of chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Mexican seasoning ( recipe below)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons Mexican Seasoning mix
- 1 cup diced butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, about 2 small limes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh corriander
- 1 small onion,diced
Mexican Spice mix ( mix all of the below)
- 2 tablespoons of chilli powder, or 2/3 fresh chillis
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper or chilli flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Drizzle oil over the thighs and season with the mexican spice mix
- Heat a pan and brown the thighs in a spoon of oil.
- Set the chicken aside, in an oven dish.
- Add the corn, butternut, red pepper, garlic and onion to the pan.
- Add the rest of the Mexican spice to the vegetables and cook until soft, 5-8 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the vegetable mix over the browned chicken and bake in a pre heated oven for 30 minutes ( until chicken is cooked) on 180′
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve.