Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Butternut and Plums.
- 500 grams Chicken breast ( or turkey)
- Olive oil or ghee
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped butternut
- 2 large plums, ( or 5 figs)
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- cooking twine ( or string)
- Heat a pan over medium heat, add oil. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add cubes butternut, 2 tablespoons of water and cover. Cook for about 10 minutes until soft. Remove lid and add diced plums, garlic, spinach, salt, sage and pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Cut a pocket into the chicken. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each pocket with the butternut mix. Secure with twine or string.
- Place any left over squash mix into an oven bowl
- Sear each breast in a hot pan, turn occasionally
- Place the stuffed breasts onto the butternut leftovers and cover with foil. Bake in a pre heated oven ( 180′) for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing string.