- 1/2 Onion, Diced finely
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 whole plums, ripe and good quality
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat fat over a medium heat.
- Saute the onions in the oil
- Halve the plums, remove the stone, leave the skin on ( most of the flavour is in the skin) dice the flesh.
- Add the plums to softened onions
- Saute until the plums soften
- Add the Sherry, rosemary and garlic and stir every couple of minutes.
- As the plums start to dissolve into the mixture add the water, cook for another 5 minutes on low.