If you only make one recipe that i have posted please let it be this one. These are absolutely incredible. You can modify the ingredients to suit your tastes, or for the kids.
- 500 grams Chicken thigh fillets, no skin or bone
- Home made pesto ( see Friday 23 march post)
- Sun dried tomato
- Baby Spinach
- Mozzarella ( optional)
- Toothpicks to hold the “sandwiches” together
- Ghee for cooking
- Spread the Pesto over the flattened Fillets. ( you could use flattened breasts instead)
- Add a Baby spinach leaf to each fillet
- Add a sun dried tomato
- Add Mozzarella
- Fold over the “sandwich” and hold in place with 2 toothpicks.
- Fry each side in Ghee on high
- Once browned place in a pre heated over at 180 for 10-15 minutes.
For the kids i left out the Sun dried tomato. They are delicious cold or hot, can be eaten for supper with Veggies a salad. Great in lunch boxes as well as on the go snacks.