Create this casserole as a Sunday dinner or a midweek meal that the whole family will love.
- 1kg chicken Pieces ( i made for left overs in the week, use less chicken for less people)
- 500g Mushrooms
- 1 tin Coconut Milk
- Chicken Stock
- 1 Large Onion
- 3 tbs Ghee
- 1 tbs Mustard
- 1 tbs Garlic
- Dried Sage
- Dried Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre heat Oven to 180′
- Sprinkle dried herbs onto the chicken pieces and rub in.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan and brown chicken, 2-3 minutes per side. Whilst the chicken is browning chop the mushrooms and onion.
- Remove chicken and place in an oven dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee to the pan
- Add the onions to the pan and soften.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic to the Onions and turn pan onto low.
- Add chicken stock, mustard and Coconut milk to the Mushroom/ onion mix and cook on low for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over chicken and cook in the over for 45 minutes.