Sunday Prep day usually involves a slow cooker dish of some sort. It is quick, easy and basically cooks itself with no fuss allowing me extra time to prepare other dishes.
- 1.5kgs skinless, boneless chicken thigh Fillets. You can use whole chicken pieces.
- Mixed Vegetables
- Butternut / Sweet potato
- Tin Tomatoes
- Coconut milk
- Curry Spices
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Layer the chopped Butternut/ pumpkin/ sweet potato in the bottom of the Slow cooker. The bigger the pieces the longer they need to cook.
- Layer chicken Fillets or cut into smaller pieces and place on the top of the Veg. By placing the chicken in the middle it is less likely to be dry.
- Add mixed veggies and onion.
- Finally pour over your curry spices ( mix with some good oil to make a paste) , tin of tomatoes and a tin of coconut milk. Stir after a couple of hours or when finished cooking and leave in the pot to infuse.
- Leave on low for a few hours and let the cooker work its magic.