Simple poached eggs by simmering in bubbly-hot tomato sauce.
This is totally delicious and a family favourite.
- Heat large saucepan on medium heat. Melt Ghee, butter or oil of your choice, then add onions and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes, or a tin of tomato, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, salt. Stir untill everything is combined well. Bring the sauce to a low boil, then reduce heat to low. ( you can use any tinned tomatoes)
- I add chopped cooked bacon bits to the mix, or you can add chunks of boerewors, or mince.
- Crack the eggs into the tomato sauce, then cover the pan. Poach the eggs in the sauce for about 5-8 minutes, or until the whites are set and the yolk is still runny.
- Spoon the egg and tomato sauce over toast/heba bread. Or serve the egg and tomato sauce in a bowl and dip with the toast. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.