If you looove pizza but don’t looove the calories that come with it, then you’ll looooove this protein packed, low carb, power pizza dough recipe!
Once you have the crust made, the rest is up to you. There’s a pizza sauce recipe below you can use to top the pizza with. Just remember if you want to keep it healthy go easy on the cheese. A healthier alternative to Cheddar is Feta. Feta is lower in calories than many other cheeses. Feta also provides a whopping 4 grams of protein per serving. Sprinkle some crumbed feta into the pizza sauce before adding your other toppings.
- 6 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- ½ cup flavorless protein powder
- 2 Tbs + 1 tsp grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano or chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ Tbs butter or spray for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make sure to use the middle rack.
- Generously spray or butter a 9” cast iron skillet (or any round pan).
- Beat 6 egg whites with the salt until stiff peaks form – You want really stiff peaks!
- Add the protein powder, 2 Tbs parmesan, 2 tsp olive oil, herbs, and the yolks, folding in gently just until fully incorporated. Batter needs to be fluffy.
- Pour batter into prepared dish, spreading gently out to the sides, drizzle with olive oil, parmesan, and black pepper, and place in oven. Make sure you don’t handle the batter any more than you need to or it will become dense and flat.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool slightly. Add your toppings, return to oven for 5-8 more minutes to warm and melt your toppings.
- Slice and Enjoy!