You can squeeze almost anything your heart desires into these perfectly sweet healthy potatoes! In this recipe we’ve added some chopped Broccoli, creamy Feta and some spicy Peppers and Sun-dried tomatoes.
Since the sweet potatoes are cooked in the microwave, it’s the perfect last-minute, weeknight meal!
- 2 sweet potatoes (as large as you like)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (~2 tablespoons)
- 2 large pinches salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- 1 large pinch of red pepper flakes (you can always add more later)
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes
- 30g feta cheese
- Heat a medium pan over medium heat until hot. Add olive oil, and swirl to coat the pan. Add the broccoli, onions, and garlic to the pan. Sauté until the broccoli is crunchy-tender and the onions are limp, stirring constantly. Add the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and stir to distribute evenly. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and remove from heat.
- While the broccoli cooks microwave the sweet potatoes on high for 8 minutes, flipping half way through. Cook until they are soft and give easily when gently squeezed.
- Split the sweet potatoes down the center and spoon half the broccoli mixture into each. Sprinkle on the feta cheese and serve hot!