Everyone loves a delicious grilled cheese. And if we eliminate the unhealthy processed yellow cheese and replace it with a healthier, lower calorie cheese like feta then it becomes a quick and easy lunch or dinner that tastes amazing and the entire family will love. It’s super creamy and thanks to the health benefits of avocado it’s jam packed with omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins C, E, K, B-6 and many more nutrients!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 6–7 chicken tenders, cooked & shredded
- 3 ounces shaved Pecorino Romano
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 4 slices gluten-free bread
- 1–2 tablespoons butter/ghee
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Combine the avocados, garlic and lemon juice.
- Build your sandwich : Add the avocado spread, feta cheese, chicken, shaved pecorino and tomatoes.
- Melt some butter in the pan.
- Place sandwich in pan and grill for about 3–5 minutes, once bottom bread is golden brown flip sandwich over and grill the other side.
- Enjoy! 🙂