What!?! Coconut crusted chicken strips!! OMG!! What a great idea!! And sounds pretty delicious right? Probably the best thing about this recipe is the fact that it’s one of the healthiest chicken strip recipes you’ll ever come across. The chicken is not battered in anything unhealthy and they’re also baked and not fried.
This dish works well as a main with a simple salad or vegetables on the side, but also works super well as a finger food, or snack.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup (or less) coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- A splash of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup (more or less) shredded coconut
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200 C.
- Using a heavy object, like a rolling pin, hammer the chicken breasts so that they flatten to an even thickness. Cut the chicken into long strips and your desired thickness.
- You will need three bowls; one for the coconut flour, one for the coconut milk and egg mixture (just beat the eggs and milk together) and one for the shredded coconut.
- Coat each chicken strip in the coconut flour, then dunk in the egg and coconut milk mixture and finally coat in the shredded coconut. When finished, place the chicken strips on a large baking sheet, leaving some space between each strip and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until chicken has completely cooked through.