You’ll be surprised by how insanely delicious such a simple recipe can be. And the delicious combination of dates, coconut and pecans will keep you from diving head-first into a slab of chocolate or any other sugar packed treat.
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup soft Medjool dates, pitted (about 10 dates)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- Place the pecans and shredded coconut in a food processor and process until the pecans are finely ground. Add all of the remaining ingredients and process until a sticky dough is formed (if you pinch a small amount between your fingers, it should stick together).
- Scoop a tablespoonful of dough and shape into balls, then place on the prepared baking sheet and freeze for at least 1 hour.
- Place extra tapioca flour in a small bowl and roll the snowballs to coat.
- You can store the snowballs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.