Need something to warm you up? This coconut curry chicken soup recipe will do the job. It’s got just a wee-bit of spice to get you all warmed up.
Don’t be alarmed by the long ingredients list, it all comes together fairly quickly and will make a perfectly balanced lunch or dinner meal.
- 2 cups precooked chicken, diced;
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in chunks;
- 1 bell pepper, sliced;
- 1 carrot, shredded;
- 1/4 head of cabbage, shredded;
- 1 onion, chopped;
- 3 garlic cloves, minced;
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced;
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste;
- 1 tbsp. turmeric;
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk;
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock;
- Fresh cilantro for serving;
- Olive oil / Coconut oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and cook the onion, garlic, and ginger for a few minutes.
- Add the curry paste, turmeric, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for another minute or two.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, and potatoes and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Blend the mixture into a smooth puree using an immersion blender, adding more broth as needed if the soup is too thick.
- Heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and heat the chicken, bell pepper, carrot and cabbage 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mix the chicken and vegetables mixture into the soup and serve with fresh cilantro.