Healthy, Filling and Flavorful, this Mediterranean tuna salad is sure to please! It’s packed with so much goodness and it’s really quick and easy to put together!
There’s a huge variety of ingredients that you can throw into this and it can be enjoyed on a sandwich, crackers, whole wheat or pocket (pita) bread, or better yet, by itself!
See basic ingredients below. But you could also add Onions, Tomatoes, Feta, Olives, Fresh Oregano, Chopped Parsley, Artichoke, Red Peppers… The list goes on and on….
- 3 cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and coarsely grated (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 1⁄2 cups peas, canned and drained or thawed from frozen
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat Italiansalad dressing
- lettuce leaves
- Drain tuna in a bowl and break apart chunks of tuna with a fork.
- Add grated or diced carrot, cucumber, peas and salad dressing. You can add your favorite additional ingredients here too! Mix well.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate!